Paradise Palms

Sunday, October 17, 2010

CHICAGO BABY!

The real deal! Chicago style PIZZA


Did it! Yes I did! It took guts and courage to go on a trip without family watching my back. I didn't even die! I mean really people I did it! In fact I did it well. I booked my own flights and they all got me to where I needed to go. I spent a four hour layover in the San Francisco airport to start things off. I had to cancel all of my veryimportant doctors appointments. And to make it worse I had to cancel my HAIR appointment. yes, I went to Chicago with dark roots two inches long. I survived that too! Boy I am amazing myself! I enjoyed a few hour stay in Lehi with my kids. Dear Aaron, Josh and Annie made me the cutest birthday present ever! It was the sweetest, most right on target thoughtful gift. Each of them really knew me and gave accordingly. I loved it so much. It's a dear precious.

memory. It's because they cared to take a time to think of me. I have bought my parents presents for their birthday without missing for at least 40 years. Before that I'm sure my parents helped me out. But on my own I loved getting my parents gifts for their birthday. And to have my kids follow through with that on their own made me weepy. Which of course isn't always a hard thing to do when it comes to my kids.

Then on to Chicago with Sandee Smith. Roxann met us at the airport and bravely drove us home to her new place. Roxann's home was fabulous. Roxann was an amazing host. Chicago was far more then my expectations could meet.
Roxann's home was very lovely. A perfect location. The neighborhood was charming. Yet you could walk a few blocks and hop the train (which we did) And head into the City. I loved the musical we saw called Billy Elliot. Sitting up close and personal on the third row! I loved the taste of the Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn that I had a few handfuls of. The beautiful Macy's Department store filled with beautiful architecture and history. I loved the cleanliness of the City with it's mix of old and new. And it's wonderful open spaces filled with parks and fountains. It all was a lovely mix of beauty. Including the beauty of my dear friends!

Pictures
1. Chicago Pizza
2. Fran at the botanical gardens
3. Fran, Roxann and Sandee on the Architecture
boat tour
4. Sandee, Roxann and Fran in front of the Chicago Fine Art Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment