Paradise Palms

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life a FRIGHTENING Happening, OOOOOAHAHAH

Life is not always festivals and birthdays, and trips to Chicago! Too bad for that. Rather, life is day to day ups and downs, sideways and backwards. Well that is my version of life happenen anyway.

Last Tuesday the bishop gave me a bag of juicy oranges from his mother's orange tree in San Diego. He said they were a bribe. Hmm I replied? He continued to smile and said could you please speak this Sunday instead of in two weeks? What! You take these oranges back! That was my response. But like always I do what I am told, (or asked), And said ok. To my disapointment James will be in India and never hear me speak. That is a big deal to me. Partly because I haven't spoken in church or years!! No complaint mind you. It was also the Sunday I was hosting the Youth Fireside at my home. So as so often I was on my own to experience these things.

The talk seemed to go well, the fireside was cancelled, I had BYC and a Seminary meeting after church. Ok time for popcorn and Beauty and the Beast Sunday evening. I was exhausted! Britt couldn't break herself away from facebook to join me for the movie. So it was just me, Bent and the popcorn.

Today I'm looking at a couple of possible homes to buy. Now these aren't anything to write home about. Because the homes that are WAY out of our league. But the first one is off a wooded lined street, up a steep, steep hill that overlooks the ocean bay. Most houses are triple decor, narrow homes and this one is to that mold. But the view is cool. The square footage does hit the 4000 mark. And that is hard to find in this area for under 2,000,000. I will post pics just for fun when I'm finished looking.

Last night I drove Britt over the hill to Redwood City area. And why did I do that in the evening when I have to drive down the scary dark 92? well it was family night and I do what I can to please. So we drove 40 minutes while Britt slept and I drove. Only to have her choose Wendy's for dinner!! There isn't a Wendy's in HMB, but really. Our night out was going through the drivethru? Yes, not even did we go inside. But I did it happily and then drove the dark, scary 92 home at pretty good speed. That is because the fog was thankfully absent.

Britt is really struggling with school work. It has been a battle to keep her grades up. And as of now we are not fully succeeding. I say we, because it is a serious team task. James and I read her Of Mice and Men. (Britt did read a few pages here and there.) We have gone over the plot and the Characters many times. But her comprehension is scattered, and her testing is weak. Four years of High School. Oh not again! I know she is tired, because I am tired after driving her to Seminary at 6:00 in the morning.

All this is in my life her in HMB. And we can't forget I miss the sun. In fact the doctor said I am vitamin D deficient! I said is that unusual? Oh honey she said where you live without the sun it makes perfect sense. Well, good for me I'm normal:) Mystery solved. So besides missing the sun. I long for my kids. Not just to be with them, but for their happiness, their righteousness, their success!!! And honestly I am selfish enough to not only want it for them, but for me. A little joy in this life isn't so much to ask is it? And since so much of me is part of them our joy is connected.

Must say I have the Ward Halloween Party to look forward to. I can play the witch I sometimes really am. And then I can play the Suzy homemaker I can be and bake festive Halloween cupcakes for the cake walk. The Youth which I am part of get the fun part of doing the spook alley. Which part I'll play there I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment