Paradise Palms

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lesson's Learned

 

Lesson's Learned

I experienced several new Christmas events that broadened my understanding of the diversity and goodness around me.

The Crèche

Ever year in Palo Alto there is held a Crèche .This was a totally new word for me. Word Nativity Scene is all I ever knew.
This Crèche exhibit is held at an LDS church. There were 100's and 100's of Nativity scenes on display from people from all religions and ethnic backgrounds.  It was amazing to behold! Each exhibit decorated to match the theme of the Crèche.  I went with my friend Susan Putnam. Unfortunately no pictures allowed. AMAZING

Lesson learned?

I would have to say I have limited myself to such a narrow view of the Savior's impact on the word. And on the individual who is very different than I am in how they worship him. Yet they love him and they do worship him.

The community sing

The program above is from the HMB interfaith Christmas Community sing. This event is rotated to a different church facility every year. Although the event has become so large that there are only three facilities large enough to host this event. Luckily for James, Britt and I this year was at our chapel. The church was decorated, programs printed, cookies made (or Bought) and the show was on. About 10 different denominations participated. This experience was extremely moving. Some congregations were very small and yet they sang with full hearts reaching everyone in the congregation. Each Choir director and Priest was fascinating! There were Women ministers, and dancing, swaying choirs. There were children, adults all doing their part to worship the Savior in their own way. They wore robes, scarfs, wore pants, red and white colors, wore different colors. Played drums, tambourines, trumpets, And guitars. In the end I was sitting becoming 100 times more enlightened, 100 times more thankful for the world I'm coming to know.

Lesson Learned?

So many people are trying to be faithful and good. So many people are seeking for good things. So many people are different than me. And each one is having an impact their way, in their part of the world. And they will never know that their impact effected my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment