Paradise Palms

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thomas Wright is here. Love that boy!


I had heard Thomas may come out to look into Podiatry school in this area. He had my phone number. No call. Then several day's ago he called and said I didn't want to bother you, but can I come and stay? YES! BIG YES! Thomas is now family since he married my niece Sidney. Although I always considered Thomas as family before then. He not only is Aaron's friend, but all of ours. And we actually have a guest bed that he can sleep on! Yes, a real bed.

We picked Thomas up at the Oakland Airport. It is a good hour's drive from here. It was so fun to see a homegrown boy in my neighborhood. He kept saying I can't believe you live out here!
I can't believe you live out here! REALLY Thomas I feel the same way every day!

He walked into our house and said wow this is really nice! I thought you lived like in a tiny two room apartment or something. Well that must have come from all my complaining! Shame on me. I'm working on the being grateful part of being here. Anyway, We shipped Thomas off to bed.

In the morning I had to make a last minute run to take Seminary kids to school. Barely made it back to take Thomas into San Francisco. I did offer him the little Beamer, but he seemed to be more comfortable with me taking him. Like I know the way around or something! Very humorous. I bravely took him on the coastal Highway then into San Francisco. Dropped him off at St Mary's hospital off Fulton. Then enjoyed a pleasant ride back the fast way on 280. I must say I felt quite brave and accomplished for the morning.

James was gracious to
come home early so we could go back to the city and pickup Thomas and play. Thomas had en
joyed his day, and was considering choosing this school of Podiatry. Well, we can't really say we didn't get super supportive of that idea!!! Having them around here would be fabulously fabulous.

We drove to
Union Square. The Christmas tree on the square was brightly lit. Macy's Department story was decorated to the hilt across from the square. The weather was pleasant enough for San
Francisco. And the busy streets filled with people was energizing. I loved it! Dinner at Lori's Diner was as Thomas said "medium". But the rest of the evening was down right festive. We finished off our evening by finding a gift to take home to Sidney. That took a little leg work, well leg work for the men to keep up with me!
They were letting me do the shopping while they did the walking.

Off Thomas flew this morning. Thomas is a great example to me of a righteous young man. And it is a powerful example. He is always complimentary and gracious. A great guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment