Paradise Palms

Monday, July 19, 2010

Half Moon Bay Ward

OK, Time to take care of the Elders! Twice we have tried to have them over to dinner. Finally they are coming Monday.

Oh boy there is the Bishop! Remember he carries a gun! Mr.
Parks Ranger/lifeguard/Bishop

I've been here one week and they have called me to be the
first counselor in the Young Women's presidency. It's a small ward and it's good to feel needed. The ward boundaries are huge, and include two different High Schools. And lots of scary highway one driving!


Had the missionaries to Dinner. I made past with chicken and artichokes, cheesy garlic bread, salad and my banana
cream cake dessert. Britt was a big help.

These Elders have very interesting stories! One is originates from Venezuela, now in Orlando Floriday. The otherElder's family is from Miami, originally from Columbia where they both left for political safety. Way cool as well as brave boys. Poor Elder Sanchez has only been here 3 weeks and is the first missionary in their family. He's a bit homesick:(
Dear Elder Navarro said we are similar to Lehi's family having to leave so much behind. And he said he felt there was a purpose here for us more then just a job. I said "I hope so!" We hadn't talked about the move to him. That came from his observation. He read some scriptures and then told us about the numerous less active families in our neighborhood. We had no idea they were here. We hope we find them!
FRAN

Shipped Britt off on a Jet Plane for Trek with the Draper Stake. I at least got to the airport safely, and made it through security in one piece. Had to be patted down through ex ray but I did it. I felt way lonely sending her off alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment