Paradise Palms

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hit the road to Oakland CA the Oracle Stadium which about one hour away. That means the Temple is too! It's a Friday night and I'm ready to try something new and fun! Well, so I still have a bit of Rocker girl in me from the good "old" days.
I found the crowd way fun to watch! Maybe as fun as the concert? Hmm I guess there are a lot of 40 to 50+ year old Rock fans in the area. There was a large young crowd as well. The arena had seating for 19,2000 people. This was a nearly packed stadium which made the atmosphere explosive.
The curtain rises and out comes Steve Tyler! Wow! He came out in a black sequined long tail tuxedo style jacket ( I mean Long), His trademark top hat with white trim, black and white cheetah sequined pants and I think zebra sparkle vans! His long hair perfect color, his energy immense. And I must say quite fit for a man born in 1948! He performed like a 30 year old. His moves were smooth and right on. He never seemed to slow down for two hours. I kept thinking is he on drugs? Maybe the Michael Jackson syndrome? Or how in the Sam hill did he do it? He was in well, quite good form and a pleasant thing to watch. I had to confess to James and say " you know He's kinda cute!"
Only downer was he didn't perform enough old hits. He was promoting new stuff
that wasn't familiar to me. But just watching him inspired me. You're only as old as you believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment