Paradise Palms

Saturday, September 11, 2010





Lot's a happenin in my world of adventure. Now adventure sounds exciting I suppose? But in reality my adventure isn't a Disneyland theme park. Not California adventures, or island of adventure. Although the title fits, the experience doesn't. This week has been non-stop Tough. Not that everything was not enjoyable. It was a huge push of emotion, spiritual and physical endurance.

The first night back. I arrived at 5:30 pm, baked cupcakes and decorated them to look terrific. At the same time making a total mess, working with a reluctant student who was stressed about getting her vocabulary. And made dinner and headed out to Young Women's. All while I was worn silly the Utah trip. It was eventful to say the least.

Coming back to Half Moon Bay after leaving my parents in their elderly and frail state. Feeling like I had said my last goodbye's was beyond hard. I felt misplaced here again. The fog was heavy, the air cold, the sun missing from the world. I missed my kids. I felt in adequate in my ability to succeed here and be happy.

Then life began. I've been raising kids for 29 years! And now I come to a town with my last child in High School. There are no buses, no release time Seminary. That means driving, driving, schedules, schedules. James takes Britt as 6:00 am to seminary, I then at 6:40 go get her 15 minutes away to take her to school Which is about driving total of 30 minutes the other way. That totals about 45 minutes of early driving on my part. Then picking her up at 3:00 every day. It makes me think of being there for Daniel's bus for 20 years and I almost can't bare the restrictive lifestyle.

I was able to help get a carpool going. Well to add to me feelings of inadequacy I had the kids loaded into the car to drive them to school. First time run. I couldn't fit poor Thomas Perkins in James BMW. He was just too big. In trying to fit everyone I dropped my keys and couldn't find them! One of the kids mom's stressed to get her son to the private school drop of on time took all of the kids out of the car. Which I'm sure Thomas was relieved. I felt like the ADD had taken my brain fully over. My idiocy was there for every to see. It took me several hours to recover.

I was invited to dinner Wednesday night with some amazing
, accomplished women. So kind of them to include me. I was a little off my game, So I hope they invite me back. These are women who have been long time friends. There stories are amazing. I with I could highlight them all.
Diane, karen, Carolyn, Melinda and myself.

All this while I am battling with not feeling well. When I'm well I can conquer the world! Other wise not so conquering.

Thursday another friend took me to lunch. She is a bea
utiful tall blond with her own
interesting story. Her name is Susan. She is married to a non-member (which is quite common in my ward). She has been outreaching and so caring to me. I came home feeling
like I had blown that deal. I was off my game again. And I was not easy to visit with. So luckily she is a good talker, and I let her go right ahead and talk.

When I got home it was feed the missionary time. I put to gather dinner for Elder Sanchez and Elder Graham. Two totally different Elder's. I have to say I h
ave a soft spot for Elder Sanchez.

Friday kept life happening. We went to La Honda with the missionaries to visit with a part member couple. James is their new home teacher, And I am James backup since he has no companion to visit with. La Honda is about 30 minutes drive from HMB. It is a lovely place of tall redwoods and lovely scenery. But it is like living in Mountains! cold, wet and weirdo's. But I couldn't complain about the Johnson's back yard! surrounded by tall, tall trees. WOW! These are humble homes for the most part.

This night was a joy. These people were so enjoyable. We have me them at the ward picnic and now again. I loved hearing Elder Sanchez share his message. He has his wonderful
Venezuelan accent, and delivers a clear, dear message is a soft humble way. Then we were asked to share our feeling on faith. Didn't see that coming! Loved sharing. later the husband took James and I outside and wanted to talk with us. He said how he has lost his faith through the years, but we had shared with him abo
ut the world after he still believes. He saw his father at the the time of death converse with relatives from beyond the veil. He was emotional and tend
er. It was amazing to hear this from a tattooed, biker man. We had somehow helped him remember his faith.

Got the missionaries home past curfew. And believe me James drove fast. And drove fast in the fog!

The cherry on top of life this week was doing baptisms for the dead with my Young Women's and Young Men group. I love these kids!!! They fill me
up more than anything. They are good, strong and well I love them. Did I say that already? James came with us and we had a great time leaving at 5:40 for a 7:00 o'clock baptism appointment. Yes we have to drive an hour to get to the temple!




No comments:

Post a Comment